Genuine leather’s qualities are undeniable : rugged yet supple and classic. That’s why Kanevas offers this noble material.
The past few years have been marked by a boom in the “vegan” movement. This awareness among consumers has therefore prompted the fashion industry to offer a material called “vegan leather”. However, although part of the now common terms, “vegan leather” still remains an abstract concept for many people. This is why, we decided to tell you all about the subject and explain the 5 main reasons that might tempt you to opt for this ethical material.
First of all, what is vegan leather?
Vegan leather is an alternative to genuine leather, mostly of vegetable source. Genuine leather is made from animal skin and vegan leather is a 100% cruelty-free material. Wether it's made from eucalyptus, pineapple, mushroom, cork or even new or recycled plastic, vegan leather is as resistant and reliable over time as genuine leather and very similar sometimes identical, without the disadvantages of genuine leather.
// Caution // Vegan leather should not be confused with “vegetable” leather, which is the name for a tanned leather made from plants such as bark, root, tree leaf or fruit, but whose raw material remains animal skin.
5 good reasons that might tempt you to opt for vegan leather :
1) Cruelty-free? Animals approve !
Indeed, one of the main advantages of vegan leather is that it banishes all suffering and animal slaughter.
2) Beyond being respectful of fauna, vegan leather is also respectful of flora and humans.
By using vegan leather, you are helping the planet and people around the world get better.
3) Even if it can be a completely vegetable material, vegan leather is as noble and resistant as genuine leather, with the added value of innovation! It combines quality and ethics, we love that!
4) What animal cause sensitive person has never stopped themselves from buying a bag they liked because of its material, which ended up to be genuine leather?
Far from the marginal spirit that we could have of veganism, many current and stylish brands offer vegan leather products: Stella Mc Cartney, Kate Spade, GoodGuy, Beyond Skin, Doc Martens, etc.
In 2020, there is no need to compromise between style and ethical materials!
5) Kanevas offers all of its products in vegan leather, so you already know where your next stylish and ethical bag will come from!
You have no more excuses not to consume better, and give a little more love to our planet!
Customize your Kanevas bag with 100% vegan leather 🐮🌿 today!
By Julie Le Breton